EAT MORE FAT – COCONUT OIL | OLIVE OIL | AVOCADOS | NUTS
As Yoda said, “You must unlearn what you have learned”…
If you’ve been paying attention lately, you know that it is now widely accepted that all that advice about fat being unhealthy and bad for your heart was DEAD WRONG. World renowned heart surgeon Dr. Dwight Lundell is one of the many brave enough to now admit he was flat wrong and that modern medicine is killing people. The anti-fat message was engineered by unscrupulous companies wanting to sell us processed foods like margarine over butter, as well as diet and fat-free foods. This has actually helped contribute to the health epidemics in obesity, diabetes, heart disease, dementia, allergies, neurological, and mood disorders among others linked to bad nutrition. We should actually eat more fat.
There’s a ton of misinformation out there…
It turns out that cholesterol is NOT the problem, and does NOT cause heart disease, inflammation does. Eating fat does not make you fat. SUGAR and processed foods actually make you fat. When the cells receive too much glucose they trigger the pancreas to create more insulin, which then creates fat cells. Sugar, excess wheat, and processed foods are the real problem. According to real health advocates like Dr. Edward Group, A clogged liver is what causes high blood pressure. This is caused by things like processed foods, an overload of toxins, and sugar, so try a gut cleanse and watch your blood pressure normalize.
Low-Fat and Diet foods are actually some of the worst food choices you can make, unless they’re naturally low in fat.
We need more omega 3 and omega 6 fats in our diets. But beware, excess omega 6 fatty acids from soy and corn oils can not be absorbed by the cells and so create cytokines, which causes inflammation. It’s the inflammation that causes heart disease by constantly irritating the arteries, valves, and veins of the heart. The inflammation cycle is a natural one, but we’ve made it constant and continuous by the processed food we eat. Inflammation may be the number one contributing factor to all diseases and premature aging in the body.
Avoid Soy, Corn Oil, and Canola Oil. They are NOT healthy alternatives, but instead cause many health issues like chronic inflammation and estrogen dominance issues. Most soy, canola (rape seed), and corn are Genetically Engineered (GMO), which causes additional health issues for the planet and we who inhabit it. Also, avoid heated oils other than coconut oil, as it is the only one able to withstand higher temperatures and not mutate into unhealthy trans-fat. Some health advocates say that it’s fine to cook with olive oil with lower temperatures, but try to only cook with coconut oil (when possible and necessary).
There are thousands of articles, videos, and podcasts going into full details about this widely growing view in case you’re interested in delving deeper. For now, I just want to give you the quick bullet points.
Something fun to try…
Some people are catching onto the new bulletproof coffee craze, in which you use toxin-free coffee beans, blend in grass-fed butter, then mix in coconut oil, olive oil, or Brain Octane (18x stronger than coconut oil). I had stopped drinking coffee for over a year, but now I’m drinking this in the morning and have noticed really positive results. It fuels your brain for hours! It also appears to train your body to start fueling itself on fat, instead of glucose (sugars), just like infants before they start eating solid food. This is also known as a ketogenic diet, and shows great promise for solving issues from candida to cancer. If for nothing else, bulletproof coffee tastes great too, like a nice latte. I like to add cacao powder, and sometimes maca to mine, a “bulletproof maca mocha.”
Olive Oil: Quality is everything…
Be careful about which organic virgin olive oil you buy. Many of the most popular brands have recently been found to be fraudulent for mixing in various other types of oils like canola oil (definitely not one you want to be using). I was surprised to see Newman’s Own on this list.
For maximum health benefits, you want your olive oil to be ORGANIC, RAW, COLD PRESSED, UNPASTERIZED, and UNFILTERED. Your best bet is to go with small companies that have excellent ratings for quality and flavor like OLEA. They have an old-fashioned dedication to quality, using centuries old trees and mills, and they pick only the ripest high quality olives. The benefits are numerous.
Benefits From Eating Healthy Fats:
- Some of the top longevity foods
- Excellent brain boosters and fuel for the brain and overall cognitive function.
- Healthy fats leave you feeling satiated (full) so you don’t keep snacking.
- They’re an excellent and dense energy source.
- Coconut and Olive oils help boost the absorption and effectiveness of other supplements.
- Avocados provide nearly 20 essential nutrients, including fiber, potassium, Vitamin E, B-vitamins, and folic acid. They also act as a “nutrient booster” by enabling the body to absorb more fat-soluble nutrients, such as alpha and beta-carotene and lutein, in foods that are eaten with them.
- Amazing for skin, hair, and other soft tissues.
- Great for the digestive system
- Coconut oil is ideal for cooking as it does not oxidize or go rancid like other oils when being heated. Beneficial for brain health and has actually been shown to be helpful in dementia.
- Great for reproductive organs
Great Natural Sources:
- Coconut Oil
- Olive Oil (pure, high quality only, avoid the cheap stuff)
- Fish (I personally only eat wild caught salmon and trout due to heavy metals and over fishing. Farmed fish are usually fed GMOs and other synthetic toxins)
- Organic, Pasture raised eggs
- Grass-fed Butter (as opposed to corn, soy, and grain fed)
- Grass-fed Meats (organic, and humanely treated)
- Nuts and Seeds
Find out more about healthy fats at sites like GlobalHealingCenter.com, NaturalNews.com, FreshandAlive.com, and Mercola.com
This is part of our Free
Top 21 Powerful Products for Amazing Health
How to Boost Your Life Force like a Jedi Master
An empowering resource and important foundational understanding that may contradict what you’ve been told your entire life. It’s also a great list for trying out some of the top products I’ve found to help you live as your best self.
Get Your FREE Copy!